Our Company History
Quality Service Since 1952
Hilton Realty has been a respected name in real estate development and management since 1952. We began that year with a six-unit apartment building in Princeton Borough, NJ. From our base in central New Jersey, the Company has steadily grown over the ensuing years through thoughtful acquisitions, our own developments, and a commitment to careful stewardship of the properties we hold.
Our roots are residential, as Hilton first developed single family homes and garden apartment complexes – many of which we still own and manage today. But within our first decade, Hilton Realty expanded into retail and commercial development. In the late 1960’s we built the Montgomery Shopping Center along U.S. Route 206 and then expanded it significantly in the 1970’s and again in the 1990’s. The Center, which we continue to own and manage today, has been a key shopping destination in the greater Princeton area for the past 45 years.
Diversity of assets has always been an important aspect of the Hilton Realty philosophy. Over the last 21 years we added more than 1 million square feet of warehouse space in Palm City along the Florida Turnpike (with room to add 2 million more) and added additional retail and office space during the 1990’s and 2000’s. Our holdings range from suburban residential and retail, to office and warehouse parks built in proximity to major highways, to urban developments. For example, we purchased idle land and buildings in 2003 in Ewing Township, NJ and redeveloped the site into 116,000 square feet of retail space with ShopRite as our anchor tenant. The food retailer built a World Class ShopRite and, within a few years, expanded due to the success of the development.
Hilton Realty’s latest major development initiative is a high-end residential community in Palmer, PA, known as Palmerview. In 2007 we completed construction of 902 Carnegie Center, a 140,000 square foot Class A office building, which also provides space for the Hilton Realty headquarters. Just across Route 1, we acquired 301 Carnegie Center (127,000 square feet) in 2008 and a land site for 300 Carnegie Center (88,000 square feet), which we constructed in 2013.
From our beginnings in Princeton, Hilton Realty has traveled a long road. Along the way we have developed a reputation for stability, quality and unwavering commitment to service.
Exceptional Properties. Quality Management. Seven Decades of Experience.
Hilton Realty is a Princeton, NJ-based family-owned real estate development and management company with over 3,600 residential homes and over 5 million square feet of commercial space. We own and manage a diverse portfolio in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida through a top-notch in-house professional team.
The Hilton Realty difference:
- Diverse – Overall, we have in excess of 4,500 tenants spanning our residential, office, retail and warehouse holdings.
- Long-term oriented – We build, or acquire, and then hold. Many of our properties have been in our portfolio for several decades.
- Conservative and stable – Our philosophy emphasizes minimal debt/leverage and we have always valued steady, well-managed growth over aggressive expansion.
- Regional – Though we have a significant presence in Florida, most of Hilton Realty’s properties are within a 60-minute drive from our Princeton, NJ headquarters.
- Professional and personal – Unlike many firms which outsource the management and leasing of their properties to third party vendors, tenants and brokers can expect to deal directly with Hilton Realty professionals for everything from leasing and management, to construction and accounting. We also maintain a consistent and reliable employee base.
- Relationship-oriented – In addition to the personal service we provide from in-house staff, we believe in negotiating win-win transactions that lead to long-term client relationships. That’s why many of our clients have been Hilton Realty tenants for so many years.
Whether you meet us through our first residential property built in the 1950’s, or our newest Class A office building, expect to find that Hilton Realty offers exceptional properties, quality management and seven decades of experience.